CK Group are recruiting for a Production Chemist to join a specialist company providing inspection, calibration and testing services based in Staffordshire on a permanent basis.
You will be joining a dedicated team of chemists and will be involvedin combining scientific and administrative competences to provide UKAS calibration gases and laboratory-based analytical/testing services to clients in the oil & gas industry worldwide.
- 21,000 - £23,000 per annum (based on experience).
The Production chemist is based at the company's site in Staffordshire, easily commutable from Burton-on-Trent, Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent, Uttoxeter and Derby
Production Chemist Role:
Your main duties will involve:
- Production of gravimetrically prepared calibration gases according to ISO 6142 and ISO 17034
- Calibration and analysis of calibration gases and test samples
- Keeping records of all information of practical relevance to the manufacture of gravimetrically prepared gas mixtures
- Assisting the quality management with the continual development and improvement of the production quality system
- Liaising with Laboratory manager to ensure safe and timely delivery of gases in the gas supply chain
- Assisting with the regular maintenance and calibration of equipment used within the production facility.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- GCSE mathematics and science as a minimum, A-levels would be preferredand of benefit.
- Fork-lift truck licence would be advantageous.
- A willingness to learn and continue to develop new skills.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Performance-based bonus scheme - after 12 months service.
- Company bonus scheme - after 12 months service.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays.
- Company sick pay scheme.
For more information or to apply for this Production Chemist position, please contact Sajra Hameed on 01246 457712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 52263
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.