Product and Materials Manager, Cheshire
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Product and Materials Manager to join an adhesives manufacturing company based in Cheshire, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Product and Materials Manager, the main purpose of this multidisciplinary role will be to be relatively self-supporting and will require high levels of organisation and time management. The role will encompass purchasing, specifying, logistics, customer support, marketing and tech services.
Further responsibilities of this role will include:
- Strategic purchase and sourcing of raw materials, packaging and outsourced services. This will include the evaluation of suppliers and service providers together with the coordination of approval testing as required. -Supply chain coordination ensuring OTIF delivery for customer orders throughout Europe.
- Outsourced manufacturing control, coordination and management
- Customer specification and Bill of Material Management
- Inventory management and control -Raw material and product data management
- Product approval and data generation program coordination
- Customer, sales and marketing technical support
- Application support and assistance
- Quality control liaison
- R&D liaison
- Internal support for sales activity
- Candidates must be prepared to travel occasionally as required.
As a Product and Materials Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience: Essential:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) Chemist or Engineer
- Industrial Background - an understanding of acrylic chemistry/ polymers would be advantageous
- Commercial Experience
- Excellent Communicator
- Excel Literate & skilled in working with spreadsheets
Able to drive Preferred:
- Adhesive or Coatings Background
- Previous work in a 'customer facing' role
- Experience of using databases and literature searching
As Product and Materials Manager you will be working with an adhesives manufacturing company based in Cheshire.
- New role created to help manage, improve and grow a developing sector of the business.
- Training in the company's products will be provided however this person will be required to travel to France for a week at a time for additional training, as well as offsite software training.
- Some travel will be required in this role.
- Please note that this person is unlikely to have immediate people management responsibility; it is more a manager of the products and materials rather than people management.
- Salary will be depending on skills and experience and in the region of £25-30,000pa
For more information or to apply for this Product and Materials Manager position please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33106 in all correspondence.