CK Group are recruiting for a Product Manager to join a world-class manufacturer of specialist IVD equipment and clinical diagnostic tests to manage the UK business operations for their portfolio of products.
This role is field based and would suit somebody with experience in the in-vitro diagnostics industry. This position is suitable for professionals in the north or midlands of England with experience of remote working and management.
The role The main purpose of the Product Manager role is to achieve sales and installed base management goals for electrophoresis and haemostasis products across the UK. You will be responsible for promoting, managing and growing the UK business with P&L accountability.
Your duties will include:
- developing and implementing sales strategy and plans as well as ensuring customer satisfaction via clinical and technical support staff.
- providing market intelligence and sales reports/forecasts.
- holding technical meetings with customers, with responsibility for selling features, discussing data, debating concepts, troubleshooting issues and negotiating pricing
- Drawing up a strategic action plan with short, medium and long-term objectives and plans.
- Building a sales pipelinewith a schedule of activities for securing key accounts and developing new business.
- Filing a monthly report to the Managing Director to include a rolling P&L, forecast, sales pipeline, plus any important changes, activities and plans.
- Ensuring successful completion of tender documentation and submission
- Devising and executing product and scientific support events e.g. technical workshops and high level scientific meetings.
- Planning and coordinating trade shows and sales meetingsfor the area and providing coverage from the group at national shows
- New product development and launch - liaising with UK and International sales teams to ensure products meet market requirements.
Your Background: To be considered for the position you should:
- Be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific or business related subject.
- Have substantial experience working in the in vitro diagnostics industry
- Have experience of working in a commercially focused position with a solid understanding of P&L
- Have experience of completing tenders
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, or to apply for the position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486 or email@example.com. Please quote reference 50190.