Product Development Technologist
CK Science are recruiting for a Product Development Technologist to join a cosmetics manufacturing company at their site based in London on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is a global business with a renowned reputation forinnovation and cutting-edge design. The company offers complete product solutions, supplying colour cosmetics, fragrances, toiletries and skin care products to global customers. They are now looking for a vibrant candidate to join their dynamic and creative product development team, and offer a salary in the region of £35-40,000 per annum based on experience. Hours are 9.00 am - 5.30 pm with an early finish on a Friday. Some UK-based and international travel will be required, approximately 3 times per year. Please note that this is not a lab based role (however previous lab experience is required for the role), and that initially 2 days per week will be spent in the office with the other time working from home. Office time is likely to increase as time goes on.
Location: This Product Development Technologist role is located in south west London, easily accessible on public transport.
Product Development Technologist Role: Your main duties will be:
- Working closely with external suppliers to develop and propose new products to customers in Europe and the Far East.
- Liaising daily with internal teams to check on progression and provide status reports on all developments.
- Managing and monitoring the product developmentprocess from concept to launch.
- Checking products and specifications to ensure quality standards are met.
- Consolidating tests results from R&D including stability, compatibility and claim substantiation.
- Checking market compliance of formulations.
- Working within tight deadlines.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven industry experience in new product development within colour cosmetics – essential.
- A related science degree/qualification or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of cosmetic ingredients, raw material suppliers and formulation techniques.
- Experience of customer facing interaction.
- Capability to manage own workload priorities and takeinitiative.
- Strong drive to meet targets and timelines.
- Awareness of technologies, market trends and developments.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English (additional French, Italian or Spanish an advantage).
Apply:For more information or to apply for this Product Development Technologist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 48836.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.