Product Development / Technical Service Chemist
Abbi Carmody is recruiting for a Product Development / Technical Service Chemist to join one of the world's most diversified trading, investment & services companies. This is a permanent, full time role based in Manchester and offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
Key Responsibilities of the Product Development / Technical Service Chemist:
- Under the supervision of the Head of Adhesives Business Development, provide technical service to support realising new business opportunities in the field of formulated pressure sensitive adhesives.
- Carry out formulation development and product testing, delivering results in accordance with agreed project objectives and timelines.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Specialist and visit key customers as and when necessary to establish technical relationship.
- Deal with quality complaints and claims with a positive attitude, propose and develop solutions to the problems.
- Establish and maintain good relationship with key suppliers to achieve goals for new product development and technical service.
- Operate laboratory work ensuring compliance with the company's Health & Safety policy and other external regulations.
- Maintain detailed records of all work done and prepare a monthly progress report for Head of Adhesives Business Development.
- A bright and energetic professional, with a flexible approach who enjoys a demanding business environment and works well under pressure.
- Well-organized with the ability to prioritize and use initiative, able to shift priorities within strict timeframes.
- An excellent team-player able to effectively collaborate as part of a multi-national cross department virtual team.
- A good verbal and written communicator, able to analyze and communicate complex information effectively at all levels.
- Familiarity with laboratory practices associated with pressure sensitive adhesives particularly hotmelts is required.
- Experience of working in R&D, product development and/or technical service in a relevant industry such as adhesives, coatings or sealants formulation is required. Additional experience of customer facing role is advantageous.
- Knowledge of key applications and formulation development in the field of hot melt and/or pressure sensitive adhesives is required.
- Good numerical and analytical skills with strong report writing ability.
- Good language skills. Fluency in English is essential; other European language skills advantageous.
- Strong IT skills, including using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- At least 2 years' experience in an R&D or product development in a relevant industry (adhesives, coatings, sealants).
- Experience working in a customer-facing technical service in a relevant industry (adhesives, coatings, sealants) is preferable.
- Hot Melt or pressure sensitive adhesive experience would be advantageous.
- Candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent in Chemistry, Polymer Science or a similar science discipline.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Abbi Carmody on 01246 457708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46336 in all correspondence