Product Development Chemist
CK Science are currently recruiting for a Product Development Chemist to join a chemical manufacturing company at their site based in Warrington on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is a bespoke manufacturer of chemicals, delivering long term innovative and sustainable solutions for all customers. Their client base ranges from global chemical companies to small independent chemical distributors. Reporting to the MD, the company is looking for a Product Development Chemist to join the team. One of the main aspects of the role will be to improve or develop the existing product/ service range and create new ones, and it is anticipated that this position will progress into one of leadership. In return the company offers a salary circa £23-27,000 per annum (£20-23k for graduates without industry experience) as well as a range of benefits including attendance bonus, company performance bonus, 21 days holiday + bank holidays and pension scheme. Hours are 37.5 per week, 8am - 4pm Monday - Friday.
Location: This Product Development Chemist role is located in Warrington and is easily commutable from Liverpool, Manchester and surrounding areas.
The Role: Your main duties as a Product Development Chemist will be to:
- Develop a range of products from lab through to marketplace.
- Visit customers.
- Technically support the customer facing teams and be responsible for providing technical training.
- Lab management including working with other lab and technical staff.
- Supervise routine chemical analysis and implement improvements.
- Responsible for documenting and upkeep of lab reporting procedures and methods of analysis.
- HSE management including ensuring product labelling complies with CLP and REACH regulations, and the upkeep and creation of compliant safety data sheets.
- Provide input to laboratory staff training, welfare, safety and development to ensure optimal performance.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this Product Development Chemist role will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally, proven industrial development and formulation experience.
- Otherwise, a graduate with some business acumen may be considered.
- 1st or upper 2nd degree in Chemistry.
- Experience of working within a quality management system and of managing laboratory HSE compliance.
- A professional and friendly telephone manner and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience of research and development and of managing a small laboratory.
- Experience of industrial formulation chemistry.
- Experienced in a wide range of techniques inclusive of wet analytical chemistry and use of HPLC analysis.
- Experienced in the upkeep of supplier safety data sheets and the safe disposal of chemical samples.
For more information or to apply for this Product Development Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457720 or email email@example.com, quoting job reference 47598.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.