Product Development Chemist, Merseyside
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Product Development Chemist to join a chemicals manufacturing company based in Merseyside, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Product Development Chemist, the main purpose of your role will be to be responsible for the development and formulation of new and existing products. This will be achieved by working in conjunction with the Technical Director to achieve accurately documented and timely completion of formulation development, meeting briefs provided by external clients, whilst ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met.
Further responsibilities of this Product Development Chemist will be:
- To create innovative, creative and stable formulations using existing and new technologies available in the marketplace
- To assist in the administration of the development process
- To be market and trend aware and suggest projects/ products to incorporate them into new developments
- To ensure with the help of the Technical Director that all products produced as part of the development process are safe, stable and suitable to meet all the appropriate regulatory requirements
- To co-ordinate the formulation/ sampling aspect of the development process to include internal and external testing as required, ensuring all information is accurately recorded and passed on to the relevant departments
- To maintain and demonstrate compliance to the customer brief and regulatory requirements
- To assist in creating presentations on new findings and product trends
- To present concepts and formulations ideas to clients and business development teams both on and off site
- To keep up to date with relevant legislation and regulations pertaining to the products produced at the company
- To liaise with external raw material suppliers or service providers (external testing) as required
- To maintain a clean and safe working environment within the lab, following all COSHH and H&S requirements
- To carry out any reasonable task as directed by the Technical Director
As a Product Development Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- degree qualified or equivalent in chemistry - strongly preferred
- experience in the development/ formulation/ aerosols industry
- self-starter - someone who doesn't need to take direction
- sound communication skills
- happy to liaise with internal staff at all levels and customers alike
As Product Development Chemist you will be working with a chemicals manufacturing company based in Merseyside.
- This person will report directly to the Technical Director
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 8.30am - 5pm and Friday 8.30am-2.30pm
- This is an integral role within the company
- There will be a 50:50 split between the office and the lab - as well as the development responsibilities, this person with liaise with all departments within the company (production, QC, raw materials, MD etc.) as well as communicating with customers
- This person may eventually take on responsibility for an apprentice
- The company are ideally looking for this person to start prior to the end of October 2015
For more information or to apply for this Product Development Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33883 in all correspondence.