Kate Edwards is recruiting for a Procurement Buyer to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Dun Laoghaire initially on a 12 month contract basis.
Our client is one of the worlds leading manufacturers of biosimilar and biopharmaceutical products used in the treatment of a wide range of human healthcare conditions from cancer to arthritis. This company are a strong believer in helping patients by developing new treatments and taking them to market via their global network of specialist aseptic manufacturing, packaging and distribution sites.
This role is located on a state of the art manufacturing facility based in Dun Laoghaire and is a quick 30 minute drive away from the centre of Dublin, or 60 minutes drive from Dublin Airport. The site is easily commutable from Kildare or Wicklow by car and there is a good public transport network if you would prefer to live within Dublin itself. Dun Laoghaire is a vibrant cultural hub in south Dublin which is best known for its maritime history and locally caught sea food.
Execute purchasing transactions for all Direct Materials, to ensure that products and services are delivered on time.
- Ensures all purchases are executed in line with the Global procurement policy.
- Responsible for ensuring all data entered into systems is accurate and current to enable accurate reporting and KPI management and appropriate escalation.
- Ordering and expediting as required (Purchase requisitions, transactions, order acknowledgment-handling, signalling deviation); Data creation and maintenance (vendor requests and set up, responsible for adhering to standard processes for data management).
- Implementing purchase and inventory strategies for components and execute on component ordering by following up exception messages generated by ERP (SAP/ECC) and planning system Kinaxis Rapid Response
- Material Master & Supplier Data Management (Set up and obsoletion process) NC/CAPA owner
- Communication of critical items to internal and external parties
- Balancing component receipts. Responsible for supply issue / constraints escalations and alerts to senior management - Apply Operational Excellence tools and support small projects with technical expertise
- Support product launches, assist in setting up contracts, provide planning and other relevant information
- Create analysis and accurate data reporting in support of projects or improvements and provide recommendations
- Develop and maintain operational relationship with vendors
- Participate in Business Reviews and support Supplier Management Processes with supplier
- Collaborate with the site buying team to ensure cost efficient, dependable supply of raw materials including appropriate use of freight options and inventory management.
- Ensure the accuracy and issuance of raw material forecasts and that there is an understanding of all forecasted numbers.
- Manage the site's relationships with its vendors and when necessary implement corrective actions to ensure dependable supply. Work with Global Sourcing on escalations as required.
- Responsible for value tracking and reporting, capturing cost saving and cost avoidance.
Master's degree and 1 year of directly related experience or Bachelor's degree and 3 years of directly related experience or Associate's degree and 5 years of directly related experience
Knowledge and Experience:
5 or more years of experience in supply chain or logistics 3 or more years of procurement experience in a leadership role within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries Operational Excellence experience or training Experience with SAP ERP and Kinaxis Rapid Response Strong communication, teambuilding and negotiating skills Exceptional stakeholder management skills Proven understanding of legal agreements Current CPIM or APICs certification Knowledge and understanding of GMP regulations and GDP requirements
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Heather Deagle on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46990 in all correspondence.