Process Development Scientist (Upstream)
Alex Tosney at CK Science is recruiting for two Process Development Scientists (upstream) to join a global pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool. These are on an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of extension.
As a Process Development Scientist the main purpose of your role will be to undertake a wide variety of activities to support the process development and manufacturing of Biosimilar products.
Further responsibilities of this Process Development Scientist position will be:
- Evaluation and screening of candidate cell lines for suitable for progression to cGMP manufacturing.
- Optimisation of inoculum expansion and production bioreactor stages to deliver robust, consistent and high yielding processes which meet the required product characteristics profile.
- Cell culture medium and feed optimisation.
- Operation of laboratory and pilot scale bioreactors, including single use disposable systems.
- Operation of harvest clarification equipment.
- Assisting the scale-up and transfer of new processes to the cGMP facility through provision of technical support and documentation. Perform data review to support on-going manufacturing and process validation activities, as required.
- Contributing to the efficient running of the Process Development Department, through participation in operational excellence programmes and other supporting activities.
- Data analysis, report preparation and internal presentation of data.
- Demonstrating a high level of scientific integrity including detailed and accurate maintenance of laboratory notebooks and the preparation of procedures.
- In addition, opportunities to cross-skill in other areas, including purification development or cGMP production, may be available following further training.
As a Process Development Scientist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate will possess experience in mammalian cell culture and/or the production of recombinant protein products.
- Prior experience or knowledge in the operation of bioreactors and current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Knowledge of process technology transfer from process development to cGMP manufacturing facilities.
- Experience in the use of statistical techniques for analyses of experimental data.
- High level of IT proficiency.
For more information or to apply for this Process Development Scientist role please contact Alex Tosney on 01246 457 700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can click on the link below.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33633 in all correspondence.