CK Science are recruiting for a Principal Scientist to join a leading biotechnology company at their site based in Billingham, Teesside on a permanent basis.
Working as part of the Mammalian Cell Culture team, you will be involved in Process Development activities. As Principal Scientist, you will be leading projects to establish robust and reproducible upstream processes which can be transferred into cGMP manufacturing assets.
This Research Scientist role will be based at their state of the art GMP facility in Billingham, Teesside.
- 35,000 - £45,000 per annum dependant on experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Experience of the operation and control of stirred tank, laboratory scale (2-10L) and pilot scale (200L) mammalian cell culture bioreactors
- Experience with high throughput cell line screening technologies, such as the ambr™ systems
- Experience of mammalian cell culture (ideally CHO), preferably in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry setting
- A life science degree with at least 6 years relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within a mammalian cell culture role or ideally a PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in developing and optimising processes for the production of therapeutic proteins using CHO cells
Apply: CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 25th AUG 2020.
For more information or to apply for this Principal Scientist position, please contact James Horne on 01246 457722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting job ref 48665.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.