CK Science are recruiting for a Principal Scientist to join a world leader in drug discovery and development company based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
The Company: This role is located in Cambridge and our client is a leading drug discovery and development who have received multi-million pounds worth of investment working in a number of therapeutic areas, including cancer, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Benefits: Our client offers a competitive salary along with a contributory pension scheme and other excellent benefits.
The Role: The successful Principal Scientist will drive ongoing pharmacology studies towards candidate selection and define/execute PK/PD strategy in support of the clinical plan.
Other responsibilities of Principal Scientist:
- Design and delivery of pharmacology/pharmacodynamics studies, with strong experience in experimental systems relevant to Parkinson's Disease and mitochondrial biology/function.
- Design and oversight of in vitro/in vivo studies.
- Management of ongoing and new/planned studies at both academic and contract research organisations.
- Lead the translational biomarker strategy.
- Ph.D. with relevant pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience working in cross-functional and matrixed Research and Translational teams.
- Experience in advancement of compounds through project milestones (i.e. candidate selection) as pharmacology line representative.
- Established scientific reputation in the field of Parkinson's Disease (evidenced by publication track record).
- Expertise in cell biology and genetics underlying neurodegenerative diseases, in particular Parkinson's Disease, and extensive knowledge of the drug discovery/development space in this area.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 47709 in all correspondence.