Principal Scientist - Upstream (Mammalian Cell Culture) - Redcar
Naynesh Mistry at CK Science is recruiting for a 2 x Principal Scientist in Mammalian Cell Culture Upstream Operations, to join a multinational manufacturer of biology drugs to be based at their site in Redcar (near Middlesbrough), in North East England, on a permanent basis.
The successful candidates will be laboratory-based and working as part of the Upstream Mammalian Cell Culture Platform Operation group involved in the establishment and evaluation of upstream processes to produce robust and reproducible processes.
Our client is a specialist in the development of manufacturing processes for biologic drugs, on behalf of an impressive portfolio of customers. They offer stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products. With plants in North East England, North Carolina and Texas, they have a global vision of being the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Following a significant period of growth, the company have the opportunity for a Principal Scientist to join their new state of the art facility in Redcar.
To contribute to R&D Operations acting as an Upstream Lead within a project team to provide streamlined experimental planning, execution and evaluation, for the manufacture of novel therapeutic monoclonal antibodies.
Acting as a Line Manager within Upstream Platform Operations team.
Act as interface between associated project groups.
Your responsibilities will include;
- To identify, design, implement and manage experiments.
- To train and supervise the experimental work of other junior research staff.
- To produce batch records for GMP manufacturing processes.
- Principal Scientist: PhD with/without post-doctoral study-level or equivalent relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised.
- Knowledge of mammalian cell line expression platforms and / or cell culture process development strategies.
- Practical experience in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture (ideally CHO based) methods.
- Experience of operation and control of stirred tank, laboratory scale (1-10L) or pilot scale (200l) mammalian cell culture bioreactors.
- Experience working with pilot-and /or largescale upstream processing operations.
- Experience with line and laboratory management.
- Experience or awareness of the requirements of cGMP and the development and approvals process for biologics would be highly beneficial for this position.
The company offer a highly competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Comprehensive private healthcare for employee and dependents.
- 30 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Additional 5 days holiday, or holiday cash bonus.
- Annual company bonus.
- Performance related pay - up to 5% increase year on year.
- Generous company pension scheme - up to 12% in addition to employee contibutions.
- Life Assurance pension benefit for family - 9.5 times annual salary.
- Enhanced company sick pay.
- Attractive relocation package.
- Company physiotherapy and counselling provision.
- Access to job related training including funding for formal qualifications.
- Fully paid professional fees.
For more information, or to apply for this position, please contact Naynesh Mistry on email@example.com or 01246 457703. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44577 in all correspondence.