Principal Scientist, Immunology
CK Group are working in partnership with Avacta to recruit for a Principal Scientist, Immunology to join them at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
Avacta is developing Affimer https://avacta.com/therapeutics/affimer-technology/® bio-therapeutics to meet the growing demand for the next generation of drugs that will compete with monoclonal antibodies and other antibody mimetics, primarily in oncology. The Affimer technology is a novel protein scaffold based on the human protease inhibitor Stefin A. Key benefits of the Affimer technology are its small size, ease of formatting, high expression yields (even of large multimeric structures) and stability. Avacta are also developing a range of novel FAP-a activated pro-drug chemotherapeutics (pre|CISION https://avacta.com/therapeutics/precision/™ and TMAC™) that can be used as mono- or as combination therapies for the treatment of a wide range of cancers. Our first drug AVA6000, has recently being approved https://avacta.com/phase-i-clinical-trial-authorisation-for-ava6000-approved-by-mhra/?utm_content=154695585&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin&hss_channel=lcp-3342419 (Feb 2021) for clinical trials.
Avacta are conveniently inCambridge, near Whittlesford Parkway station in state-of-the-art laboratories, offering an exciting and innovative environment where you will have the opportunity to develop your career.
Principal Scientist, Immunology Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Design, conduct and evaluate experiments to identify Affimers that modulate immune function and develop and troubleshoot assays including immunoassays (ELISA, Flow cytometry, Biacore), T-cell proliferation, T-cell suppression assay, andB-cell proliferation.
- Manage the technical aspect of several Affimer projects in parallel (i.e. propose a plan to characterise the biological activity of the Affimer with screening strategies, resourcing, people training and execution in a timely manner).
- Author and contribute to key documents such as publications, protocols, internal and external reports, and patents application
- Providing scientific coaching and mentorship for less experienced scientists in the team.
Your Background:The ideal candidate for this role will have/be:
- Educated to PhD level, preferably in Immunology with experience in scientific and leadership roles in the biopharma industry
- Proven experience of relevant immunological laboratory techniques and solid experience of Flow Cytometry is essential.
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills with strong written and verbal communication skills.
For more information or to apply for this Principal Scientist, Immunology position, please contact Mary Bolt on 01246 457729 or email email@example.com , quoting job ref 49979
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK