Principal Scientist - Downstream Process
CK Group are recruiting for a Principal Scientist to join a fast growing and leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation in the biopharmaceutical industry at their site in Billingham, on a full-time and permanent basis.
Working as part of a team in a laboratory environment, your main responsibility will be to contribute to R&D DSP Operations acting as a Downstream Lead within a project team to provide high quality experimental planning and work in the development, evaluation and characterisation of processes for the production of novel therapeutic products (particularly proteins).
Other key responsibilities include:
- To identify, design, implement and manage DSP experimental development programmes needed to develop, evaluate and characterise new processes for target molecules.
- To review experimental work, data and reports produced within R&D to ensure accuracy and compliance.
To assess manufacturing processes supplied by client companies for suitability for GMP manufacture and identify any scale-up requirements/issues.
To prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use in a suitable and professional manner.
To train and supervise the experimental work of other junior research staff.
- To produce batch records for GMP manufacturing processes
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A minimum of a relevant degree in a scientific discipline (Chemistry/Biological) or engineering.
- 6 years relevant (protein purification) laboratory experience or Ph.D.
- in-depth working knowledge of the key unit operations implemented in Downstream Process Operations e.g. buffer preparation and formulation, precipitation and clarification, refolding and solubilisation.
- Awareness, understanding and experience working within a cGMP environment
- Experience working with pilot-and /or largescale downstream processing operations
This is an excellent opportunity to join the company during an exciting period of strategic growth offering structured training and progression opportunities. On top of this, you will benefit from their competitive salary plus company bonus scheme, 35 days of holiday, private healthcare and others.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Asad on 01246 457712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47473 in all correspondence.