CK Group is currently recruiting for a Principal Researcher to work in the in vitro biology function of the drug discovery unit within a multinational pharmaceutical company based in Hertfordshire. This role is at the client's custom built facility which houses R&D, Clinical and Manufacturing business units under one roof and is commutable from London, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire. The role is offered on a 12 month maternity leave fixed term contract basis with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
As a Principal Researcher you will be working within the biology function focusing on the development and utilisation of complex cell-based assays for drug identification and pharmacological profiling. You will be working across multiple drug discovery projects, both internally and in collaboration with external groups from academia and industry, from very early phase drug discovery through to the clinic. As such, knowledge and experience of cell maintenance, assay development, compound profiling and results presentation, are essential.
Other duties will include:
- Designing/carrying out experiments and independently interpreting/presenting data to drive drug development progression.
- Developing and validating new cell based assays systems and analytical approaches using human derived cells.
- Presenting concepts, facts and approaches to internal parties to advise of key outcomes.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BSc or MSc in biological/biochemistry or related discipline.
- Relevant lab-based experience, preferably within the pharmaceutical drug discovery.
- Excellent hands-on working knowledge of a wide range of in vitro biochemical and cellular techniques.
- Strong knowledge and experience of assay development and experience of defining compound profiles using in vitro systems.
- The ability to design, schedule, execute and interpret experiments using complex biological systems e.g native tissue, cell culture, screening technologies.
- The ability to troubleshoot systems and processes.
- The desire to work in early phase drug discovery.
Our client has more than 11,000 people worldwide with operations in the U.S., Asia, Europe & Japan and is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical companies. They define their corporate mission as "giving first thought to patients and their families, and to increasing the benefits health care provides."
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Julie on 01438 768 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47414 in all correspondence.