Principal Product Development Scientist - Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire
Oliver Care is recruiting for a Principal Product Development Scientist to join a company in the bio-fuel industry at their sites based in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire on a permanent basis paying up to £45,000.
Our client is an award-winning clean technology company that have industrialised the process of recycling spent coffee grounds into advanced biofuels.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Use detailed analytical data and samples lead on the development of multiple high value products/compounds (both flavour & fragrances and functional oils) for commercial use in the food & beverage, healthcare, nutraceutical, cosmetic and other industries
- Based on customer feedback make improvements to existing products as well as troubleshooting any issues arising from such products
- Proactive laboratory research to develop and create new product opportunities
- Engaging with your existing professional network to leverage commercial and development opportunities
Further responsibilities will include:
- Produce samples and specifications, CoAs and MSDSs (in accordance with regulatory requirements) for use in commercial discussions and negotiations
- Researching and making recommendations on new product potential in light of all relevant standards
- Working closely with your colleagues in the lab and on pilot plants to develop and make specified products/compounds
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous extensive experience in industry bringing new innovative, (bio-)chemical compound products to market within the flavour & fragrance, food & beverage or other relevant industry sector, with experience of formulation equipment and processing
- A Masters or PhD in Chemistry, food science or a related, relevant discipline or related experience
- Experience of developing, coaching and leading other scientists and work colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders
- A proactive person who is eager to implement new ideas
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and small but rapidly growing company who are passionate about being environmentally friendly in all of their processes, they offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic team and encourage employee development.
Benefits include an excellent salary of up to £45,000 with huge potential to personally develop and help with the overall growth of the company.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Oliver Care on 01438 842 976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST42027 in all correspondence.