Postdoctoral Associate - Neurology
CK Groups US Division are working with a client who focus their research in Neurology. Working towards accelerating patient access to innovative treatments for mental health
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and creative postdoctoral associate working in our clients research facility in Wisconsin.
Aims of this project are to assist in analyzing novel agents with therapeutic potential.
- Candidates with a doctorate in either pharmacology, biochemistry, cell biology, and/or medicinal chemistry, who are capable of independent work in a laboratory setting
- Candidates should have strong backgrounds in compound screening utilizing high-throughput technology (ie 384 well format), cell culture and aseptic technique, screening assay operation and biochemical assay design
- Candidates are also strongly recommended to have molecular pharmacology experience with mastery of molecular biology techniques
- Candidates with a strong track record of publicationsin the fields of biochemistry, pharmacology and/or neuroscience are strongly encouraged to apply
- Independently design and execute high-throughput screening experiments relevant to new compounds using existing GPCR protocols and methodologies
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date laboratory notebook and computer, complete with methodologies, data, and interpretation of results
- Maintain and work with existing cell lines (freeze/thaw, subculturing). Organization of compound libraries and compound stocks
- Perform molecular biology techniques to make new DNA constructs and maintain construct libraries
- Communicate weekly with principal investigator about methodologies and data analysis
- Participate in regular labmeetings with principal investigator and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data, novel methodologies, and lab procedures
- Interact and participate in departmental meetings, including relevant seminars and journal club
Entitlement to work in the USA is essential. For more information on this role or our client please contact CK Group on +1 (617) 6922948 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 50440.