Pool Water Treatment Consultant - London
Matthew Sullivan at CK Science is looking to recruit a permanent full time Senior Consultant to join an Analytical Consultancy focused in the Water industry in a field based role on a permanent basis. As a member of the Site Services team, the Senior Consultant will be responsible for ensuring full compliance with the requirements associated with the “Pool Water treatment Advisor Group”, HSE and other Water Quality Regulations specifically relating to leisure pools (Spas, Swimming Pools), and will ensure that agreed procedures and policies are followed for maintenance work and for design, investigation and installation of improvement work. The Senior Consultant will also ensure that the work undertaken complies with the needs of the client and is within the required timescale and cost.
Duties of the role will also include:
- Preparation of investigatory reports to include Legionella audits of spa pools, compliance with PWTAG “Swimming Pool Water Treatment and Quality Standards for Pools and Spas and HSE “management of Spa Pools”.
- The development of site specific pool standard operating procedures and controls to ensure ongoing control of the relevant installations.
- Preparation of performance specifications, and contract documents for maintenance and improvement work.
- Preparation of technical reports and correspondence, including conducting cause of failure investigations with regards to water treatment and management of the respective interactive water features.
- Managing and developing swimming and spa pool operator training courses and to cross develop with other senior consultants in their respective fields.
- Maintaining effective liaison with colleagues, client representatives and other external governing bodies.
- Maintaining excellent customer relations with clients and attending client meetings where required. Additionally where subcontractors are being used, ensure that the service provided is in line with the Company's quality standards.- Cross training with other senior consultants and regional managers to develop a broad range of knowledge across the water quality industry.
- Authorising reports carried out by other site services personnel to ensure quality of reports is maintained.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to:
- Have considerable experience of services associated with swimming and spa pools installation and design, maintenance and operation, water treatment and the regulations and guidance appertaining thereto is essential.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the regulations and standards of work and safety that are applicable to the leisure industry; in particular the PWTAG “Swimming Pool Water Treatment and Quality Standards for Pools and Spas”, HSE “management of Spa Pools”, HSE “managing health and safety in swimming pools”, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1999.
- Be educated to degree level and be a member of one of the professional institutions. (Candidates lacking a formal academic qualification who can demonstrate extensive appropriate experience and willingness to develop in the field will also be considered).
- Hold a full valid driving licence as the role involves travel around the UK, it is a core requirement of the role.
In return you will receive an attractive remuneration package and will work for a market leading provider of laboratory services.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Matthew Sullivan on 01438 723500 or email email@example.com. Alternatively please click on the link below to apply online.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33899 in all correspondence.