Polymer Chemist - Greater Birmingham, West Midlands
Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Polymer Chemist to join a chemicals manufacturing company based in Greater Birmingham, on a full time, permanent basis.
This company produces a wide range of speciality chemicals for numerous industries. They are able to manufacture custom products as well as provide process optimisation. As a Polymer Chemist, the company is able to offer a salary in the region of £20-24,000 per annum depending on experience, and benefits include free life assurance cover and generous paid sick scheme (both after a qualifying period). They also provide access to a stakeholder pension scheme, a voluntary employee benefits scheme and a voluntary medical cash benefit plan.
Further responsibilities of this Polymer Chemist will be:
- Responsible for the synthesis of novel rubber accelerators, development of accelerator systems and polymer compounds for a variety of markets and applications.
- To research, analyse and synthesise new and existing materials for product, process development and applications.
- Designing experiments to support/disprove hypotheses relating to vulcanisation and and material physical properties.
- Perform analytical and physical testing of rubber products and raw materials to provide support to Production and Quality across the range of products.
- Relate material properties to real world performance.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical reports for use by sales and management personnel.
- With experience you will be able to progress to more senior positions within the company where you will be able to potentially travel globally to technically support our sales team and our customers.
- You will also become a part of the global academic community that supports the Rubber Industry and have the opportunity to attend international conferences and present academic papers.
As a Polymer Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Proven industry experience of developing and analysing polymers.
- Rubber experience is not essential as training will be given, including completion of a Diploma in Rubber Technology and Science.
- Hands on experience as a chemist and technically sound.
- Potential to developing into an enthusiastic and passionate Polymer Chemist/Rubber Technologist.
- Minimum of degree level (or equivalent) in Applied Chemistry or Elastomer Technology.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You should have a logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Willingness to travel to global customers to provide technical support.
For more information or to apply for this Polymer Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45779 in all correspondence.