Physicist - Cambridgeshire
Sarah Farrow at CK Science is recruiting for Physicist on behalf of a leading developer of innovative electronic products, to be based at their site in Cambridgeshire on a permanent basis.
Our client is a market leading developer of innovative electronic devices. They employ a large multidisciplinary team, with industry leading experts in physics, chemistry, engineering, microelectronics, materials and life sciences, working on a range of topics from fundamental understanding to optimising materials and devices for market applications.
This role will form part of the innovations team, whose focus is on the identification and evaluation of new technologies and understanding how they can applied to commercially relevant research projects.
The main purpose of this position is to Propose, investigate and evaluate novel projects and technologies associated with the themes of sustainability and digital transformation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Technology trend research.
- Detailed assessments of technology status, including road maps and unmet needs.
- Experiemental design and execution.
- Liaising with academic and industrial collaborators.
- Development of core IP to protect the technology.
It is expected that the technologies under evaluation will be diverse (past examples have included everything from energy storage to biosensors), but that they will require a significant knowledge of Physics.
Your Background:To be considered for the position, you should have the following skills and experience:
- PhD in Physics, or a closely related subject, ideally with a broad based research focus.
- Creative outlook with an aptitude for experimental research and complex problem solving.
The following areas would be beneficial for the position, although not essential:
- Experience in electronic, or optoelectronic device physics or computer science.
- Experience in statistical analysis.
- Experience in writing experimental and data acquisition control programmes for new devices.
- Experience in fabricating electronic or optoelectronic devices.
- Experience in using materials in prototype device structures to demonstrate desired functional properties.
This presents an excellent opportunity for creative contributions and personal input in a varied area of novel technology evaluation, as well as the chance to experience first-hand ideation in a commercial environment, and develop skills in IP generation.
The company offer a highly competitive benefits package, which includes:
- 27 days holiday (+ Bank holidays).
- Private medical and dental care.
- Life Assurance.
- Company Pension scheme.
The company operate on flexi-time working arrangements.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3848905 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please click the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44676 in all correspondence.