Heather Deagle at CK Science is recruiting for a Physical Chemist to join a chemical company in Grangemouth on initially a long term contract basis.
The main purpose of your role as Physical Chemist will be to:
- Perform analysis of samples using a wide and varied range of physical techniques in both Process Technology and QC
- Design and perform analyses under the supervision of senior physical experimentalist / team leader
- Record and report the outcome of experimental work to team leader, chemists and engineers in Process Technology
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- First degree in Chemistry or related subject and likely to have a further degree or industrial experience in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of a range of physical analytical techniques
- Ability to perform routine analysis using prescribed methods
- Ability to work in a regulated environment (ISO9001)
- Good laboratory skills
- Practical experience of physical analytical techniques in an industrial and/or academic environment (> 24 months)
- Strong organisational skills and workload planning
- Experience in using some of the following techniques: DSC, TGA, Optical, SEM, DLS, Laser Diffraction and Rheology
- Experience in physical/analytical method development / validation
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Experience in crystallisation and /or colloids
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Heather Deagle on 0191 3848905 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference DH33312 in all correspondence.