Phenotypic Screening Scientist
CK Group are recruiting for a Phenotypic Screening Scientist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cambridge on a contract basis for 12 months.
Salary: Hourly £20-£24
Phenotypic Screening Scientist Role:
- Lab-based scientist, delivering expertise in cellular screening, while working in partnership with colleagues across the company to characterise and triage lead compounds from phenotypic screens for target discovery.
- Generate quantitative data to identify and prioritise biological pathways for target validation.
- Maintain awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to continuous improvement of techniques and processes.
- Represent the department and achieve scientificvisibility through project contributions and presentations at internal meetings, as well as external collaborations, conference presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
- Ph.D in Biology, Molecular or Cell biology, Pharmacology or related discipline, or a BSc/MSc
- Highly proficient in cell biology techniques including culture of complex/primary cell models (eg IPSC), reagent delivery by electroporation or transfection
- Candidates must have extensive exposure to working with cell cultures
- Knowledge / working experience with CL1 and CL2 tissue cultures
- Experience with cell lines + imaging would be a significant advantage (CRISPR)
Company: Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major presence in the UK. Their purpose is to deliver life-changing medicines and to do this they are completely science-led and like to share this with the scientific, healthcare and business communities within the UK.
Location: This Phenotypic ScreeningScientist role will be based at our clients site in Cambridge.
Apply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, please contact Lucy Stendall on 01246 457739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference49999.