Preclinical Study Manager
CK Group are recruiting for a Preclinical Study Manager to join an innovative drug discovery company in the biotechnology industry in a home based position on a permanent basis.
Our client is a biotechnology company developing and discovering drugs with a focus on autoimmune disease.
This role is home based. .
Your main duties will be to:
- Propose and devise preclinical pharmacology studies in line with project goals and strategy and manage preclinical pharmacology studies and ensure that the studies are run in accordance with company or CRO processes, SOPs and relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Utilize in-vivo and in vitro models and design, coordinate and execute in vivo research studies, selecting and implementing the most appropriate preclinical in-vivo models.
- Oversee the management of external CROs and business partners and be responsible for the evaluation, optimization, and management of preclinical CROs.
- Be responsible for business critical activities such as management of budgets, resources, project costing and supporting proposal writing.
The ideal candidate for this role will have/be:
- Educated to PhD levelin a relevant life sciences field with excellent experience of establishing and managing preclinical Pharmacology studies in an industry role.
- Some knowledge of immunology or biochemical metabolism would be an advantage.
- Experienced project leader in integrated drug discovery/development (working across disciplines and therapeutic areas)
- Experienced project manager (i.e. managing processes, external organisations, communication, contracts, price negotiations, timelines, budgets, logistics, etc.)
- Management experience in small biotech/CROs (study directors / project leaders), and thrives in this sort of fast-paced environment
- Enjoys managing multiple projects (across various disciplines and programmes) at the same time
- Comfortable communicating and working with industry experts in fields outside of their own expertise
- Scientifically curious; adept at study design, keen to learn and able to source knowledge when information not available
For more informationor to apply for this Preclinical Study Manager position, please contact Mary Bolt on 01246 457729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job ref 51813.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.