Petrochemicals Business Manager - London
Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Business Manager to join one of the world's most diversified trading, investment & services companies. This is a permanent, largely office-based role within the company's Petrochemicals division based in central London and offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
The Business Manager will co-ordinate the creation of strategy, business planning, sourcing, maximising the efficiency of logistics arrangements, through to sales and marketing within the EMEA region. This person will also take responsibility for the profitability and long term development of UK and other sales businesses together with the current Business Manager, as mutually agreed. The company is able to offer a salary of up to £55,000 for the right candidate, as well as a discretionary bonus, pension scheme, and medical, dental and travel insurance.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Business development of the sales working with suppliers, potential customers (directly and/or in conjunction with EMEA team members around the region).
- Work closely with colleagues in offices abroad for the global business, to maximise and create value within the EMEA region.
- As the role develops, together with the Product Leader, provide initiative, strategic direction and support to the European team, to enable the business to grow for the future.
- Together with the Product Leader and the current Business Manager, carry out budgeting and subsequent monitoring of the business performance.
- Provide back up and support for the other Business Manager on their activities as required.
- Marketing & Sales - Full bottom line responsibility for specific products to be agreed.
- The range of products managed by the post holder, will depend upon their individual experience, as well as the changing requirements of the business from time to time.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in Business Studies, Chemistry or similar.
- A postgraduate qualification in management and/or Chemistry would be advantageous.
- Proven industry experience working in a sales or product management area within Commodity Chemicals in a multinational trading or chemicals company.
- Some experience of an import / export role.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Good cultural awareness through working in an international environment.
- Knowledge of Incoterms - the ICC (International Chamber of Commerce) official rules for the interpretation of trade terms.
- Shipping knowledge and experience would also be highly advantageous.
- Experience of working within Chlor-Alkali and Caustic Soda markets would be advantageous, but not essential.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com . Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CH44140 in all correspondence.