Part Time Laboratory Technician in Birmingham
Jade Stirk CK Science is recruiting for a Part Time Temporary Laboratory Technician to join a research laboratory at their state of the art facilities based in Birmingham on an ongoing contract basis.
The Company: Our client is looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician, on a part time temporary basis, to work in a fully serviced biomedical research laboratory specifically designed to nurture and support the growth of life science companies.
Location: Situated on Birmingham Research Park, in the heart of the Edgbaston Medical Quarter, a vibrant and collaborative health science community.
The Role: Supporting the Laboratory Manager you will be involved in:
- Undertake and record daily readings for centralised systems.
- Prepare and replenish disinfectants; wash, dry and replenish items as required (eg spatulas, stir bars, racks);
- Process laboratory glassware.
- Undertake routine laboratory water.
- Complete safety checks of fume cabinet.
- Manage autoclave.
- Complete laboratory inspections;
- Arrange laboratory coat laundering
- Routing maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Calibrate laboratory balances.
- Waste management.
- Processing tenant deliveries.
- Other tasks as required by Laboratory Management.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Previous experience working in a laboratory.
- Knowledge of health and safety in a laboratory.
- Understand SOPs.
- Experience of routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
This is a part time position working Monday to Friday 8:30am to 12:30pm.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jade Stirk on 0191 3848905 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44393 in all correspondence.