Paint Specialist - London
Matthew Sullivan at CK Science is recruiting for a Paint Specialist to join a growing company in the Coatings & Paints Manufacturing industry at their site based in North London on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Paint Specialist you will be responsible for the daily analytical requirements and gaining knowledge and expertise in analytical chemistry to produce results to preset targets under the guidance of the Senior Chemist/Laboratory Manager. Experience in the analysis of coatings/paints is required for this role.
The main purpose of the role will be:
- To gain knowledge in methods of preparation or analysis and to be able to follow them accurately under the supervision of the Chemist.
- To colour match with and without use of a Spectrophotometer.
- To 'trouble shoot' batch problems or issues.
- To develop good laboratory techniques and manipulation skills.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the work is carried out in conformance with instructions, established methods and quality standards.
- Learning and applying safe working practices and developing a full understanding of the application of the COSHH regulations.
- Ensuring that equipment is efficiently and effectively used and where directed, maintained.
- Ensuring that good housekeeping and a clean, safe and tidy environment is maintained in the Laboratory.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:- A Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or related subject.
- Experience working in an industrial chemical environment would be advantageous.
- Experience working within a coatings or paints industry is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing, family orientated Coatings & Paints Manufacturer in London, and in return they are offering a salary ranging from £23,000 - £25,000 per annum.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Matthew Sullivan on 01438 768712 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST34817 in all correspondence.