Tenni Cole-Etti at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Packaging Technologist to join a global pharmaceutical company working to discover, develop and market innovative, high quality medicines throughout the world. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
The primary focus of this role will be the provision of technical and operational support to the packaging and production functions. As part of a wider technical team, the position will represent the Packaging Technical team in cross functional team meetings to identify opportunities to increase efficiency, implement changes, and investigate running issues and customer complaints, whilst ensuring compliance with GMP and company standards at all times.
In addition to the operational aspect of the role, support for new product / market launches will be a fundamental part of the job. This will be both in terms of new pack design and specification, as well as process development and validation of packaging processes and equipment.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Provide technical support of the company packaging operations, systems and processes.
- Carry out continuous improvement of company processes, operations and systems.
- Account for product packaging design and technical specifications, to include commercial, development and prototype design.
- Support technology transfer, optimisation and validation of new processes, materials, components and products.
- Generate packaging related technical documents and reports, such as process development and validation, Pack Families, technical drawings and SAP Master Data.
- Provide technical support and guidance to company affiliates and third party operations to ensure that they meet predetermined technical standards while operating in compliance with both internal and external requirements.
- Apply Good Manufacturing Practice in all areas of responsibility and ensure activities are carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Quality System, GMP Guidelines and Industry Standards.
- Ensure that the company maintain its position as a Packaging Centre of Excellence by ensuring that regulatory and industry best practice is introduced in a timely manner.
- Use the TrackWise system undertake change management, deviation investigations, corrective action and preventative action (CAPA) implementation and customer complaints reporting.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BSc in a relevant scientific discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical packaging or technical environment performing technical operational functions.
- Practical hands on experience of packaging technology and equipment.
- Demonstrable familiarity of MHRA/FDA guidance.
- Knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical processes.
- Ideally computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office and SAP.
For more information or to apply for this Packaging Technologist position please contact Tenni Cole-Etti on 01438 842 974 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33245 in all correspondence.