Tenni Cole-Etti at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Packaging Technologist to join a global pharmaceutical company working to discover, develop and market innovative, high quality medicines throughout the world. This role is offered on a full time, 12 month fixed term contract.
This role has the responsibility for some aspects of operating high speed, automated packaging lines and manual packaging operations to achieve objectives for product quality and output following guidelines and procedures, at the Company Production facility.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Set-up production equipment to ensure correct functionality and calibration compliance.
- Manage operation of high speed packaging line to maintain product quality and standards by carrying out effective controls and testing procedures.
- Participate in manual packaging operations.
- Participate in quality investigations and initiate deviations on trackwise.
- Lead completion of batch documentation, SAP process order confirmation and other SAP transactions required for the production activity.
- Review and update packaging documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures.
- Minimise down time to maximise productivity, by managing priorities and having effective handovers and accurate line set-ups.
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement opportunities that result in cost savings and more efficient and compliant ways of working
- Support Engineering and Contractor activities
- Assist in the effective training of others in systems/procedures/skills/techniques
- Actively promote safety awareness and improvements
- Carry out in-process tests, yield calculations, product sampling and inspection to ensure all production meets predefined quality attributes
- Dismantle, clean and reassemble equipment, ensuring it is well maintained
- Ensure compliance to health and safety procedures in areas of responsibility
- Ensure compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices in areas of responsibility
- Record appropriate metrics to monitor adherence to production schedules, equipment utilisation, right first time batch
- Record and adherence to SOP and training schedules.
- Participate in internal, customer and regulatory audits
- Liaise with all other departments to ensure business requirements are being met
- Carry out Production Facility Cleaning and Sink and Drain Disinfection.
- Take on roles of First Aider, Safety Rep and Fire Warden.
- Assist Packaging Technicians in packaging machine routine maintenance.
- Assist in various maintenance activities within Production Area
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A GCSE level or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- Reasonable mechanical aptitude regarding packaging machinery
- Significant experience in a pharmaceutical production environment or required experience as Packaging Operator Level 1
- Accuracy and documentation skills- Computer literate (MS Office suite & SAP)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for process & operational improvements and implement appropriate project changes to deliver these benefits
For more information or to apply for this Packaging Technologist position please contact Tenni Cole-Etti on 01438 842 974 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33869 in all correspondence.