Packaging Technician - W. Midlands
Naynesh Mistry at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Packaging Technician to join a world class manufacturer of personal care products, based in the West Midlands on a permanent basis.
- You will be responsible for the development and improvement of packaging and pallet plans.
- Supports the Artwork Co-ordinator through a variety of administrative duties while working as the Department's key point of contact to ensure organisation, customer satisfaction and graphics project completion for outer packaging (including corrugate).
International travel is required valid passport and driving license are necessary.
As a Packaging Technician you will:
- Ensure that packaging is fit for purpose and fills as best possible, suitability, value for money and availability
- Develop full packaging specifications including outer case packaging, pallet specification and container/transport loading.
- Support the business in finding solutions to customers' requests.- Ensure that the business is aware of new developments within the remit.
- Constantly challenge current solutions for applications for applicability and cost.
- Ensure that suggested solutions are fully proven, via trial where necessary, before they are purchased.
- Provide the business with pallet plans that maximise pallet usage and integrity whilst minimising storage and logistics costs.
- Liaise with internal and external artwork Co-ordinators and printers regarding printed corrugate.The successful Packaging Technician will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Relevant experience in a relevant Packaging function/industry and/or a relevant degree qualification.
- Experience with fast-moving FMCG companies would be advantageous (but not essential).
- An understanding of artwork and print processes would be advantageous.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, forming relationships with key stakeholders within the business.
- Must be self-motivated, have good attention to detail and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Computer proficient e.g. experience and knowledge of MS Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint and Project). Experience of relevant Design or Packaging software packages desirable
- Working knowledge of COSHH and safe lab practices.
- A valid passport is necessary as some overseas travel is expected. A valid driving license is required
If successful you will be joining a a world class manufacturer of personal care products. This role comes with excellent benefits: Pension, Life Assurance benefit after 12 months service, Childcare Voucher Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership.
To apply for this Packaging Technician position contact Naynesh Mistry via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01246 457700 or please click on the link below.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH34391 in all correspondence.