Novacyt, supported by the CK Group, are recruiting for an enthusiastic and talented PCR Scientist to join the company at a pivotal point in their growth. This is an exciting opportunity supporting the roll out of new COVID related testing products.This role is permanent and would be based at their Southampton site.
- 27,000 - £29,000 per annum.
Location: This role is located in Eastleigh, Southampton.
PCR Scientist Role: The company is involved in developing CE IVD diagnostic assays and designing innovative molecular diagnostics solutions. Your primary role will be to contribute to a team heavily involved in these activities.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Planning and conducting experiments; recording and analysing data.
- Carrying out fieldwork, e.g. collecting samples, external validation activities.
- Presenting results to senior/other research staff.
- Writing research papers, reports, reviews and summaries.
- Supervising junior staff, including technicians.
Your Background: Essential:
- Degree qualified in Science or equivalent.
- Industry experience coupled with PCR knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Ability to plan experiments, problem solve and progress projects independently.
- MSc in a related field.
- Experience of working within a quality system, particularly ISO 13485.
- Experience handling Hazard Group 2 organisms in a Category 2 Laboratory.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this PCR Scientist position, please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 49635.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.