Occupational Health Technician - Cramlington
Natalie Wood is recruiting for an Occupational Health Technician on behalf of a leading multinational producer of household plastic products at their site in Cramlington on a permanent basis. The company have been undergoing a period of growth, and offer excellent opportunities for personal development and career progression, as well as structured training.
They are seeking ambitious candidates who will grow with the company. This role would be a good fit for a candidate who holds a degree in biomedical science / sports science or biology who are keen to develop their skills.
The successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Providing information, mostly in electronic format, to aid assessment of care provided, management of absence etc.
- Carrying out audiometry, spirometry, vision screening and other health surveillance and biological monitoring as required.
- Carrying out pre-employment medicals and drugs and alcohol testing
- Assisting with accident treatment and investigation should the need arise.
- Conducting DSE, COSHH, manual handling and other workplace assessments as instructed
- Providing clinical / administrative assistance for other members of the Occupational Health team as requested (Occupational Health Physician and Physiotherapist)
- Assisting the HR Manager and Health, Safety and Environmental Co-ordinator as required, e.g. H&S promotion, management of PPE etc.
- Maintaining accurate medical records and other records as required.
- Following appropriate training, operating, maintaining and calibrating all equipment in accordance with policy procedure.
- Providing and delivering specific information in accordance with protocols as directed by occupational health physician
- Providing data for statistics, e.g. information for quarterly H&S Steering Group meeting
- Conducting health and safety audits
- Administering annual flu vaccinations
- Communicating with clients over the telephone: i) answer queries (ii) provide initial advice following protocol iii) provide test results iv) receive information.
The successful candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- HNC/Degree in a health or science related discipline desirable.
- Science GCSE / A- Levels essential.
- Previous experience in a health care setting and in occupational health desirable.
- Demonstrate a theoretical and practical knowledge of equipment and main tasks required for the role.
- Knowledge of medical confidentiality and data protection legislation would be advantageous
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44397 in all correspondence.