New Product Development & Innovation Manager
Oliver Care at CK Science is recruiting for a New Product Development & Innovation Manager to join a chemical manufacturing company in the coatings and polymer industry at their site based in North Hertfordshire on a permanent basis.
The Company:Our client is specialist polymer processing and coating company, they are a leading manufacturer and supplier that were established 100 years ago.
This role is located north Hertfordshire. The site is easily commutable from London, Cambridge and the surrounding areas there are excellent transport links via public transport and a great road networks.
The Technical team are responsible for the development of innovative and leading edge products which enable the global customers to transform spaces to enhance people's physical and emotional wellbeing.
Your main duties will be:
- To provide effective leadership to the New Product Development (NPD), Process Support and Innovation teams ensuring that the appropriate strategies, operational plans, processes, resources and performance measures are developed and maintained in support of the company strategic plan and business objectives.
- To be accountable for the development of new products, processes and technologies, improve existing products and approve new raw materials in support of the company strategic plan and business objectives.
- To create an open and honest environment where staff in areas of responsibility are fully engaged, have a 'can do' attitude and are innovative and forward looking.
Further responsibilities will include:
- To support the technical and manufacturing teams in cost saving projects that are achieved through the optimisation of formulations
- To ensure technical support is provided to manufacturing to resolve technical issues on plant, conduct process validation trials and generally enhance the efficiency of the manufacturing
- To prepare functional budgets to support the short and long term ambitions growth plans of the company.
The ideal candidate for this role will have
- Educated to degree level within chemistry or related field
- Experience of working in a leadership role involving strategic planning within a chemical based area
- Previous experience in the consustruction or transport industries or related
- Experience of working in a construction
- Extensive knowledge of polymer chemistry
A highly competitive salary of between £55,000 and £65,000 depending on experience, this role also comes with an excellent benefits package.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Oliver Care on 01438 842 976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46975 in all correspondence.