Neuroscientist - Surrey
Jason Johal is currently recruiting for a Neuroscientist to join a dedicated team of scientists providing an outsourced service to one of the top ten largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. This role is based at the client's research and development site in Surrey which is commutable from London, Oxford, Reading and Guilford and is offered on a permanent basis with a salary of £22,000 to £28,000.
The purpose of this role is to establish, validate and run experiments using neurobiological and histological markers of early and advanced pathology in relevant model systems and using relevant human tissue samples. It will also contribute to neuroscience biology experimental platform development.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Establishing and implementing new neuropathological methods (immunocytochemistry, histochemical and image analysis) to characterise new models of neurodegeneration.
- Supporting tissue processing, embedding and sectioning of samples from various studies.
- Establishing and validation of neurobiological and histological markers of early and advanced pathology.
- Designing, validating and executing new immunohistochemical and immunofluorescence techniques for target validation (dual labelling, confocal microscopy, etc).
- Digital acquisition/slide scanning and data analysis from stained sections using Image analysis software.
- Accurate recording of all practical work: completion of electronic lab notebook to Lilly procedure quality standards.
- Maintaining a tidy and efficient laboratory environment and ensuring health and safety standards are met.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree in a neuroscience-relevant subject (e.g. neuroscience, biochemistry, physiology) or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of experimental design and statistics for biology experimental work.
- Hands-on experience neuropathology and immunohistochemistry techniques including preparation of tissue slices.
- Hands-on experience in various histochemical and immunocytochemical techniques and application to formalin fixed paraffin embedded and/or cryostat and/or vibratome tissue sections.
- Knowledge of neuroanatomy and experience in working with tissue and disease states.
- Ability to analyse and interpret neuropathology including experience with microscopy, digital scanning and image analysis software.
Our client has 7,000 employees who work just within the Research Laboratories, spanning more than 50 countries worldwide and are the 7th largest investor in R&D in the UK within the pharmaceutical sector. The successful candidate will be a full time fixed term employee of the CK Group and will be working for CK as part of a very busy, productive team of scientists that CK provide for our client as an outsourced function. As such they must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, dedication and self-motivation together with the desire to acquire new skills.
For more information or to apply for this Neuroscience role please contact Jason Johal on 01438 723 500 or email email@example.com. Alternatively please click on the link below to apply online. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44392 in all correspondence.