Lucy Stendall is currently recruiting for a Neuroscientist (Biochemistry) from a Biochemistry background to join a dedicated team of scientists providing an outsourced service to one of the top ten largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. This role is based at the client's research and development site in Surrey which is commutable from London, Oxford, Reading and Guilford and is offered on a permanent basis.
With experience of cellular and biochemical assay development you will be working within a multidisciplinary team investigating the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying human neurodegenerative diseases, in particular Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease.
The focus of this position will be to identify and validate novel drug targets and implement biological assays to support drug discovery programs. This will include the design, characterisation and validation of biochemical, biophysical and cellular assays and the utilisation of different in vitro systems i.e. cell lines and neuronal cultures that model propagation of pathogenic proteins associated with neurodegenerative disorders.
We are looking for candidates ideally with Primary Neural Cell Culture experience (primary or immortalised cell experience will be considered) and also with image assay and confocal microscopy skills. Any experience within neurodegeneration (Parkinson's or Alzheimer's) would be advantageous.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Design, validate, troubleshoot, and perform molecular, biochemical, biophysical and cell-based assays.
- Design and perform preclinical proof-of concept studies in cell lines and neuronal cultures.
- Perform FP, AlphaScreen, ELISA, MSD, SDS-PAGE, WB , FACS.
- Perform confocal and high content imaging and to have the ability to analyse results from these techniques.
- Culture, maintain and manipulate cell and neuronal cultures.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BSc or MSc degree in a Biochemistry or related field (or equivalent).
- Relevant work experience gained in pharmaceutical or biotech industry (advantageous).
- Experience in a wide range of biochemical, biophysical and cell-based assays.
- Capable of independently designing experiments, generating data, interpreting results and documenting work errors.
Our client has 7,000 employees who work just within the Research Laboratories, spanning more than 50 countries worldwide and are the 7th largest investor in R&D in the UK within the pharmaceutical sector. The successful candidate will be a full time fixed term employee of the CK Group and will be working for CK as part of a very busy, productive team of scientists that CK provide for our client as an outsourced function. As such they must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, dedication and self-motivation together with the desire to acquire new skills.
For more information or to apply for this Neuroscientist (Biochemistry) role please contact Lucy Stendall on 01246 457725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please click on the link below to apply online. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46379 in all correspondence.