Molecular Pathology Scientist - Saffron Walden
Julie at CK Group is recruiting for a Molecular Pathology Scientist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cambridge on an initial 12 month contract basis.
The Company: Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major UK presence. Their purpose is to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines for global health challenges. They believe that the best way they can help patients is to be science-led and share their passion with the scientific, healthcare and business communities of the UK.
Location: This is an excellent opportunity to be based in our client's offices in Cambridge where you will develop close working relationships with key stakeholders to manage and implement diagnostic testing set-up for clinical trials. Today, Cambridge still remains at the forefront of science and is one of Europe's most important industry clusters.
The Role: As a Senior Scientist you will be delivering biomarkers for clinical studies based on the best available science and technologies. Generating disease linkage data to guide indication selection and targeted patient populations
Further responsibilities include:
- Measuring target engagement reliably and quantifiably to inform clinical decisions for selecting therapeutically relevant doses and schedules.
- You will understand key cancer pathway interactions and feedback mechanisms in clinical samples to guide rational drug combinations.
- You will be defining novel mechanisms of resistance targeted therapies by studying tumors at relapse and delivering multiplex pathology assays using a variety of tissue-based methods.
- PhD or Master's degree with experience in a relevant field.- Strong experience in manual and automated immunohistochemistry with experience in assay development for new biomarkers.
- Experience of multiplex immunohistochemistry in brightfield or fluorescence and troubleshooting of immunohistochemical assays.
- Experience in molecular pathology/cancer biology and peer-reviewed publications in the field of molecular pathology/cancer biology.
- Ability to lead from the bench in problem solving and the development of innovative solutions.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process.
- Experience of conducting studies for Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Experience of in situ hybridization and digital image analysis.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Julie on 01438 723500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44783 in all correspondence.