Molecular Biology Technician
CK Group are recruiting for a Molecular Biology Technician to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Saffron Walden on a contract basis for 6 months.
Company: Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major presence in the UK. Their purpose is to deliver life-changing medicines and to do this they are completely science-led and like to share this with the scientific, healthcare and business communities within the UK.
Location: This Molecular Biology Technician role will be based at our clients site in Cambridge.
- 18-21 per hour PAYE, DOE.
Shifts: Working days are: Tuesday to Saturday - Candidates must be happy to work between the hours of 2pm and 3am, enhanced payments forantisocial working are available - these roles will initially be to provide support to the night shift.
Molecular Biology Technician Role:
- The role will involve fully automated RNA extraction and RT-PCR workflows. You will need to be comfortable performing this while using PPE.
- Work in teams of 2-3 to operate Beckman I series robotics to perform automated magnetic bead RNA extraction procedures and track sample through the LIMS system.
- Performing the RT-PCR reaction setup includingmanual pipetting as well as automated plate preparation using benchtop automation equipment.
- Following plate preparation, lab technicians/scientists will be responsible for taking the samples once they are ready for analysis and setting up the assay on the qPCR instrument.
- This role is critical to the screening workflow and you will be assigned to a specific assessment method and trained on it extensively. You will be equipped with the required PPE for the level of exposure and you will have to strictly adhere to the specific testing method COVID-19 Testing SOP.
- Work in BSL1 lab with previous experience of automation and molecular biology techniques preferred.
- Work with human biological specimens. HepB Vaccination advised.
- Work with samples which may contain SARS-Cov-2.
- Attention to detail to ensure chain of custody of all samples.
- Ability to work alternative pattern shift work.
Apply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for these Molecular Biology Technician positions, please contact Heather on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 49461 in all correspondence.