Are you a confident driver and looking for a new technical role? I am currently recruiting for a Mobile Chemist to join a waste and environmental management company based out of their site near Bedford. This role is on a full time, permanent basis and will require 50% driving so the successful candidate will be based locally.
The Company: Our client is a leader in environmental solutions, a renowned chemical company in the UK. This role is an off-site role which will involve drives of several hours to a customer depending upon their location. Customers range from very small, e.g. a residential to large multinational organisations and could be anything from an outdoor base to an indoor lab for example. Once there, you will work on site to segregate, list and pack the hazardous materials before transporting them back to the depot. Depending on the size and nature of the job you will either be working alone or as part of our team. On larger jobs that are further away, nights out may be required. This position involves driving to customer premises located in London, Kent, East Anglia and Berkshire. The company offers a salary depending on experience, in the range of £19,000 to £25,000, as well as pension scheme, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays and other benefits.
Location: This role is located near to Bedford. The site is easily commutable from the surrounding towns via great road links.
The Role: Your main duties will be to:
- List and identify all wastes, collect hazardous waste from customer sites, ensuring that it is packaged and segregated suitably for transportation.
- Ensure waste is compliant with all relevant regulations and company policies.
- Ensure all paperwork is correct, segregate all items safely for safe transportation and check that all items are packaged correctly.
- Ensure that collections are efficiently managed to maximise customer service, all vehicles are compliant with legal requirements, including operator licences.
- Provide an efficient service to all customers, in line with the company, legislative and customer requirements.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry - preferred, A Level or HNC considered.
- Full UK driving licence and experience of/confidence to drive a 3.5 tonne van - essential.
- Manual handling training or equivalent experience.
- ADR (International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road) qualification preferred.
- First Aid Qualification advantageous.
- Health and Safety Qualification desirable.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and knowledge of the waste industry/dangerous goods would be useful.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46963 in all correspondence.