Heather Deagle is recruiting for a Microbiologist to join a multi-national company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Ulverston on a contract basis which has been forecast to last until March 2020. Hourly rate is £12.00.
Our client is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Their mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
This role is located in Ulverston and is approximately a 10-15 minute walk from the train station. Ulverston is a fine market town in the centre of the Furness peninsula, with old buildings and a labyrinth of cobbled streets, and is the start of the 70 mile Cumbrian Way.
The main purpose of the role will be to: Assist in providing a microbiology testing and monitoring support service to the site functional areas (primarily product stream) that ensures product manufactured at Ulverston is of appropriate microbiological standard, complies with specifications, customer and the various regulatory authority requirements.Further responsibilities will include to:
- Carry out a range of microbiological testing using a number of techniques according to set priorities and schedules.
- Ensure that all work is carried out according to standard methods and procedures.
- Maintain standards of GLP and GMP consistent with regulatory expectation.
- Carry out recording, verification and reporting of laboratory work within established procedures.
- Take part in appropriate training and development of self and others as defined and agreed with line managers.
- Contribute expertise and knowledge to the review and update of documentation, methods and procedures.
- Be fully aware of, and apply the required standards of safety practices, for example Microbiological Safety Precautions, Emergency Procedures, Fire Instructions, COSHH.
- Support and take an active part in Operational Excellence initiatives and objectives within the laboratory area which realise business benefits.
- Carry out non-routine, investigative or other support work as directed.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualification in microbiology based subject.
- Experience performing sterility testing and environmental monitoring tasks.
- Working knowledge of GMP.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established UK based pharmaceutical company at their state of the art facility in Ulverston that is receiving significant investment to increase their research and manufacturing capabilities.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Heather Deagle on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46107 in all correspondence.