Microbiology Technician - North West
Rob Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Microbiology Technician to join a leading animal healthcare company based in the North West. This is a contract position with an initial duration of 6 months.
As a Microbiology Technician you will be responsible for performing analysis of purchased materials, final products and stability samples in accordance with GMP and regulatory commitments.
Further responsibilities of this Microbiology Technician position are:
- Analytical or Microbial testing of purchased materials, final products, stability samples and non routine samples, reporting and approving results through the laboratory system. The job holder may be required to develop new methods and perform analytical validation protocols.
- Liaising with production teams, appropriate QAR's and other customers to prioritise work loads to ensure lead times and expected service levels are met
- Performing equipment calibrations and being responsible for the control of equipment within the working area
- Statistically monitoring laboratory test method parameters and purchased material and product assay results.
- Writing, updating and reviewing analytical methods, procedures, specifications and other quality documents such as validation protocols. Writing and/or reviewing laboratory deviations. Identifying training requirements within the analytical cell and being responsible for any reference standards and control samples applicable to the cell
- Providing a training resource for specific analytical techniques and systems encompassing both theoretical and technical aspects
- Fault finding and trouble shooting of new, routine and non-routine analytical methods and equipment. Provide analytical support for the method transfers to other sites
- Maintaining laboratory and office areas in compliance with cGMP and safety requirements. Archiving completed laboratory documentation. Identifying laboratory purchasing requirements and organising the purchase.
- Communicating with regulatory auditors such as MHRA/FDA in accordance with company policy.
As a Microbiology Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience working with in a GMP laboratory.
- BSc or equivalent in Microbiology or a related subject.
- Experience conducting method development would be an advantage.
For more information or to apply for the position please contact Rob Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH32389 in all correspondence.