Microbiology Technician - Blackpool
CK Group are recruiting for two Microbiology Technicians to join a global leading pharmaceutical and medical device company in Blackpool. This roles will be an initial 12 month contract which may be extended.
The Company: Our client has one of the world's most comprehensive portfolios of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Location: Blackpool is a coastal resort on the Lancashire coast in North West England. The town is situated on the Irish Sea, 15 miles northwest of Preston, 27 miles north of Liverpool, 28 miles northwest of Bolton and 40 miles northwest of Manchester. Blackpool offers many attractions including Blackpool Tramway, Pleasurebeach and Blackpool Tower. Blackpool can be reached via the M55 from the M6 and there are local bus services which run from Preston, Lancaster, Nelson, Southport and Fleetwood.
Working to GMP the main purpose of the role will be to:
- Ensure that microbiological testing is performed in a timely manner.
- Bioburden testing.
- Sterility testing.
- Antibiotic potency testing.
- Environmental monitoring.
- Enumeration and identification of contaminants.
- Management of consumables and materials used in testing.
- Autoclaving of items for the laboratory and production.
- Execution of the laboratory cleaning program.
- Review of sterilization documentation.
- Support investigations to assist in the completion of non-conformance reports and OOS excursions.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience: Education:
- Minimum of A level in Science or Mathematics discipline (international equivalents acceptable).
- Desired BSc degree in Biological sciences.
- Prior experience in a laboratory setting (Practical laboratory experience gained through a degree is acceptable).
- Working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office).
- Desired previous experience working within a quality environment in the Food, Consumer, Pharmaceutical or Medical device industry.
For more information or to apply to the Microbiology Technician position, please contact Abbi on 01246 457711 or email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45807 in all correspondence.