Microbiology Technician - Blackpool
CK Group are recruiting for a Microbiology Technician on a contract basis initially for the duration of 6 months. The Microbiology Technician role is paying £11.19ph and will be based in Blackpool working for a leading medical device organisation.The main responsibilities of this Microbiology Technician role will be to:
- Carry out microbiological and environmental testing to ensure the ongoing quality of product and production rooms.
- Support investigation of the laboratory (OOS) (OOS/non conformances) related to area of testing.
- Ensure that the principles of cGMP are applied and that all documentation, in the form of procedures and specifications, is followed to guarantee compliance with ISO 9000, ISO 13485, FDA QSRs and the Medical Devices Directive.
Further duties of this Microbiology Technician role will be:
- Ensuring that all testing is performed in a timely manner in line with agreed schedules.
- Environmental monitoring.
- Enumeration and identification of microbiological contaminants.
- Management of consumables and materials used in testing.
- Completion of Microbiology records ensuring compliance to GMP, consistency and traceability.
- Data entry, trending and trend report writing.
- Supporting the investigation and completion of NCs, deviations, and OOS's (Data Deviations) following microbiological excursions related to testing performed.
- Compliance to all local and company procedures.
- To follow the company local, HS&E and Quality procedures.
- To ensure that training records are accurate and up to date.
- Liaising with colleagues and suppliers to ensure required test data is retrieved and available in a timely manner.
- Ensuring purchase orders are raised in a timely manner to limit stock outs.
As a Microbiology Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum of BSc or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline and experience within a Microbiological role in the Food, Medical or Health Care industry
- Microbiological laboratory/Quality Control experience
- Good understanding of Microbiology and aseptic processes.
- Demonstrable technical skills acquired in a relevant scientific role.
- Knowledge of cGMP
- Knowledge of the medical device (or closely-related, healthcare, etc) industry
- Good numerical skills and Computer literacy.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Kate Edwards on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA42558 in all correspondence.