Microbiology Operations Manager
CK Science are recruiting for a Microbiology Operations Manager to join a leading food testing laboratory, who are UKAS accredited, on a permanent basis based in Stoke. The role is offering a competitive salary.
This client has a network of state-of-the-art laboratory facilities based in the UK, providing cutting edge food testing and analysis services.
Your main duties will be to:
Provide strong leadership and manage all aspects of the Microbiological Laboratory, including quality, costs, P&L, market development, performance, employee engagement and technical development.
Lead the Microbiological Laboratory ensuring that the team play an active role in growing the Ethical and Values driven Culture and Team Development of the business as a whole.
- Demonstrate and lead customer focused behaviour in the areas of responsibility.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Liaise with others inside/outside the department in a proactive and reactive manner in order to provide or obtain information to keep people informed so that work is completed effectively.
- Ensure operational effectiveness of the required laboratories.
- Ensure that test results and reports are delivered to time, cost and quality standards.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Extensive experience in managing the operations of a testing laboratory and required quality management.
- Previous experience of monitoring P&L's and preparing forecasts and performance monitoring of the laboratory.
- Experience in the food industry or related field.
- Educated to degree level or higher or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills and previous experience of leading a team.
This is an excellent role that offers a competitive salary as well as a company benefits package.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Oliver Care on 01438 842 976 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47315 in all correspondence.