Microbiology Laboratory Scientist
James Horne is recruiting for a Microbiology Laboratory Scientist to join an expanding innovation company who specialise in sustainable chemicals within a Fermentation and Biotechnology marketplace. This is a permanent role based in a brand new facility in Teesside that is undergoing expansion.
You will be responsible for contributing to the microbiological team to push the company forward in times of expansion and increasing activity. Having a strong background in microbial extraction, sample extraction, you will also perform analysis using a range of techniques and instrumentation.
Further responsibilities and duties will include:
- Preparing microbial cell banks for manufacturing and R&D.
- Identify microorganisms using a range of molecular and microbiological techniques.
- Be involved with the development and validation of microbiological and molecular biology analytical methods.
- Ensure that laboratory cleanliness and safety standards are maintained, ensure stock levels are optimised and general equipment maintenance.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to Degree level within Microbiology or Molecular Biology.- Hold at least 2 years' experience of fermentation ideally in an industry or academic background.
- Experience of working in a GMP environment is desirable.
- Have a broad analytical background and experience with biological sample extraction and analysis.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact James Horne on 0191 384 8905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46376 in all correspondence.