Microbiology Laboratory Coordinator
Jocelyn at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Microbiology Laboratory Coordinator to join a start up company specialising in developing antibiotics with novel mechanisms of action. This role is offered on a full time Fixed Term Contract for 3 - 6 months with a strong possibility of extension / a permanent position.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Coordinate the running of the biology laboratory
- Ensure adherence to all safety and health standards• Purchase laboratory consumables and training of new laboratory personnel
- Carry out microbiological work
- Keep all SOPs, risk assessment and safety documents up to date
- Purchase laboratory consumables and compiling monthly spending reports
- Induction of new laboratory staff
- Manage the running of the basic microbiological assays under class II conditions
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience working within a microbiology laboratory
- BSc within a relevant discipline and industry experience, or a PhD with practical microbiology experience
- Previous experience running microbiological assays under class II conditions
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a rapidly growing spin-out company based in Hertfordshire.
For more information or to apply for this Microbiology Laboratory Coordinator position please contact Jocelyn on +44 (0)1438 723 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST32579 in all correspondence.