Microbiology Lab Manager - Teesside
Sarah Farrow at CK Science is recruiting for a Microbiology Lab Manager on behalf of a multinational organisation at their site in Teesside on a permanent basis. Leading a large and dynamic team of experienced food microbiologists you will have the opportunity to implement change and develop the operations.
You will be responsible for:
- The efficient operation of the laboratory, ensuring optimum staffing levels
- Recruitment, management, training and development, supervision and mentoring of staff.
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives
- Development and Validation of methods and ensuring compliance with regulatory and industry requirements including UKAS and supermarket standards.
- Providing technical support and expertise to clients and ensuring that contract deliverables are met.
- Operation of the department within agreed budgets.
To be considered for the position you should be qualified to degree level, or possess equivalent experience, in microbiology or another relevant subject. You should be an experienced food microbiology professional with demonstrable experience in staff supervision and development. You should have a thorough understanding of the requirements of UKAS, ISO9001 and related quality standards.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious food microbiology professional in a global company who offer excellent personal development and progression opportunities.
For more information or to apply for the position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3848905 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please click the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference DH35588 in all correspondence.