Asad Karim is recruiting for a Scientist (Immunology) to join a company focused on the discovery and development of treatments for life threatening diseases at their site based in South East Kent on a full time permanent basis. The role is laboratory-based and would suit a researcher with hands-on microbiology experience looking to progress their career in the biotechnology sector and work on a ground-breaking therapeutic platform as a key member of a highly dynamic international team.
The main purpose of the role will be to work on multiple projects requiring expertise in microbiology, bacterial and cell culture, molecular biology and plate-based pharmacology assays by:
- Designing and performing in vitro screening of novel compounds, (immunological and antibacterial activity) to bacterial cells.
- Capturing and reporting scientific data in accordance with company procedures.
- Presenting data at internal company meetings.
- Communicating and liaising with global collaborators to achieve company goals.
- Presenting and publishing data both internally and externally.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- PhD or BSc in microbiology or biological discipline with elements of microbiology.
- Extensive experience in practical microbiology, ideally with experience in research of bacteria-host interactions.
- Worked under Biosafety level 2 and experience working with bacterial cultures.
- Ability to design and perform experiments to answer complex questions.
Desirable attributes to have would include:
- Bacterial immunology experience.
- Industrial experience in pharma/biotech.
- Flow cytometry experience.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Asad on 01246 457712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46532 in all correspondence.