Microbiologist - Nottingham
Graeme Pallas at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Microbiologist to join a well respected contract testing company that provides independent, GMP analytical services such as Bioburden and pathogens, PET, environmental monitoring, water testing, endotoxin testing, antibiotic assay, disinfectant efficacy to the food and pharmaceutical industries that are based in the Nottingham area.
As a Microbiologist your main responsibility will be to carry out a range of microbiological testing of pharmaceutical products in accordance with Marketing Authorisation requirements.
Further responsibilities of this Microbiologist position are:
- Ordering laboratory consumables to ensure ready supply above minimum stock levels
- Testing for microbial contamination according to current EP/USP requirements
- Product and method validation in accordance with ICH and pharmacopoeial requirements
- Identification by gram stain, Microbact and API
- Microbiological assay
- Sterility testing in accordance with EP/USP requirements
- Bacterial endotoxin testing using gel clot technique
- Performing non standard laboratory analysis as required
- Preservative efficacy testing of pharmaceutical products
- Environmental monitoring
- Disinfectant challenge testing using BSEN test methods
- Reporting and interpreting analysis results
- Investigating and reporting OOT/OOS results
- Performing and documenting routine instrument calibration, qualification and validation
- Performing basic maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Maintaining laboratory instrument log books
- Writing and review of SOPs as required
- Performing daily and weekly housekeeping activities
As a Microbiologist you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree in a related subject
- Experience working within a fast paced and regulated laboratory
- In depth knowledge and experience of microbiological techniques and methods supporting manufacture of both sterile and non-sterile products
For more information or to apply for the Microbiologist position please contact Graeme Pallas on 01438 842965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference NT44116 in all correspondence.