Microbiologist - Limerick
Rob Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Microbiologist to join a leading medical device company based in Limerick. This is a contract position with an initial duration of 6 months.
The main responsibilities of this Microbiologist will be to Achieve competency in chemistry/biochemistry laboratory methods and procedures.
Further duties of this Microbiologist role will be to:
- Achieve competency in chemistry/biochemistry laboratory methods and procedures.
- Perform routine and non-routine chemistry/biochemistry testing activities.
- Train other Scientists in laboratory methods and procedures when required.
- Perform chemistry/biochemistry testing activities in relation to method validation and technical transfer activities so as to ensure that all methods meet ICH, CFR USP and EP guidelines.
- Execute validation, operation, maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of equipment and its associated software.
- Write, execute, report and review IQ/OQ and PQ protocols (where appropriate) so as to ensure that all relevant equipment is qualified for cGMP use.
- Review and approval (where appropriate) of laboratory test results.
- Ensure that testing and results approval are completed within agreed turnaround times.
- Write and review laboratory TMs, SOPs and WIs as directed.
- Ensure QC activities are carried out in compliance with product licence commitments, cGMP and company quality standards.
- Be an active member of the QC group and provide assistance with other group activities as required and communicate relevant issues to the QC Manager, anticipate and plan for future requirements in the area.
- Deal with non-conformances/ deviations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Deputize for the QC Lead as appropriate.
- May be required to work a shift system in accordance with the operational needs of the business.
- Ensure all laboratory/site safety procedures are adhered to and any incidents reported.
- Responsible for reporting laboratory metrics
As a Microbiologist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree is required.
- Good computer skills particularly in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Msc or PhD qualification in a relevant discipline
- 2 years experience in a chemistry/biochemistry laboratory testing environment preferably within the biological and/or pharmaceutical/medical device industry.
- Experience of FDA/EMEA audits.
- Experience operating a LIMS system.
- Proficiency in applicable GMP/QSR regulations.
- Dexterity and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage the workload, and, as required, be able to manage shifting priorities based on critical deadlines so that production needs are always met.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to develop and give presentations on technical topics.
- Ability to train/mentor associates.
- Ability to effectively deal with a variety of conflicting issues and diplomatically solve those issues.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex technical documents and manuals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.For more information or to apply for the Microbiologist position please contact Rob Walker on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH34902 in all correspondence.