Microbiologist - East Midlands
Alex Tosney at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Microbiologist to join a leading QC Analytical testing company based in Nottingham. This is a contract position initially for 3 months with the potential to go permanent.
As a Microbiologist your main responsibility will be to carry out a range of microbiological testing of pharmaceutical products in accordance with Marketing Authorisation requirements.
Further responsibilities of this Microbiologist position are:
- Ordering laboratory consumables to ensure ready supply above minimum stock levels
- Testing for microbial contamination according to current EP/USP requirements
- Product and method validation in accordance with ICH and pharmacopoeial requirements
- Identification by gram stain, Microbact and API
- Microbiological assay
- Sterility testing in accordance with EP/USP requirements
- Bacterial endotoxin testing using gel clot technique.
- Performing non standard laboratory analysis as required
- Preservative efficacy testing of pharmaceutical products
- Environmental monitoring
- Disinfectant challenge testing using BSEN test methods
- Reporting and interpreting analysis results
- Investigating and reporting OOT/OOS results
- Performing and documenting routine instrument calibration, qualification and validation
- Performing basic maintenance and of laboratory equipment
- Maintaining laboratory instrument log books
- Writing and review of SOPs as required
- Performing daily and weekly housekeeping activities
As a Microbiologist you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree in a related subject
- Experience working within a fast paced and regulated laboratory
- In depth knowledge and experience of microbiological techniques and methods supporting manufacture of both sterile and non-sterile products.
For more information or to apply for the Microbiologist position please contact Alex Tosney on 01246 457 718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH34569 in all correspondence.