CK Group are recruiting for a Fermentation Scientist to join a global pharmaceutical company, based in Slough on a contract basis initially for 12 months.
- 18.19 per hour PAYE - up to £24.55 (Umbrella)
Fermentation Scientist Role:• Involved in a range of process development activities across fermentation and primary recovery including process optimisation studies and troubleshooting investigations, evaluation of cellular response to process operations.
- Utilize knowledge from molecular biology, biochemical engineering, microbial process development, statistics, and cellular metabolism to aid in process development and optimization of upstream processes producing protein therapeutics.
- Learn new techniques and processes while working in a collaborative high performing team environment.
- Performing microbial process development experiments for the improvement of existing processes at lab and pilot scale (from 250mL to 200L).
- Identifying scale-up challenges and developing robust processes for tech transfer to manufacturing scale.
- Demonstrated expertise in the operation of lab and pilot scale microbial processes, including the use of various bioreactor systems and relevant operating control software.
- Ability to design and perform process development experiments.
- Ability to learn and use appropriate data management concepts and tools.
- Ability to author comprehensive and accurate protocols, reports and SOPs.
- Experience in cGMP and large-scale manufacturing equipment and practices and with the transfer of technology to cGMP operations is preferred
Company: Our clients aim is to be a global leader in generics and biopharmaceuticals, improving the lives of patients across the world.
Location: This Fermentation Scientist role will be based at our clients site in Slough, Berkshire.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, please contact the Key Accounts Team on 01438 870011 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 51941.